Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Art Crawl 2011

So i fanally wiggled my way back into Houston Art Crawl. El Rincon Social was kind enough to host me in their gallery show and give me a couple of tables to exhibit my wares! They are a great group of people and i really cant say enough nice things about them. Good vibes the whole time i was there!



So in preparation for this big show i once again wanted to do something really special and i had been rolling around the idea of packaging my new 1.5 inch button in a matchbook cover. It took some developement and some late nights of cutting and folding and stapling but i think they came out pretty nice! I call the button: Yetti/Bigfoot Alliance. They fly the flag of tresspassers!
 I also had a huge stock of single 1" buttons that i broke into sets of five. Packaged in big matchbook style bag cover thingies. Luckily i had the help of my very smart girlfriend or i would have been in trouble.



I had picked up this little shelf off the side of the road a couple years ago. A few days befor the show i spraypainted it blue and hand painted the lettering on it. This would have scared the shit out of me had i not already painted my first skate deck a couple weeks before.

So overall i'd say it was a pretty good showing. I offered original art to the right, and the "gift shop" on the left. People were very friendly and lots laughed and had a good time looking at my work. I made some bucks to fund the next thing and maybe even made some new friends. I love art crawl. It allows artists direct access to people there to appreciate the art. I'd do it again in a second. 

PS, seeing my stuff in different formats makes me feel happy. Its a lot of work but i genuinely love giving fans an affordable option to buying original art. I've been comparing myself to Gene Simmons but the difference is my stuff started and will end in imagery. Should i start a band as a vehicle for my art? hm...

No comments:

Post a Comment