Friday, May 27, 2016

JMV Comic Show Austin

Ok well first off this trips post will have a lack of proper pics documenting how fun last weekend was. Sorry. I'll have to do better. The ol lady and I stayed at the Marriot where the show was going to happen. This was a good call on our part as that place is dope as hell and not stabby at all.
1st stop into town was Domy books where i picked up these rad zines. The one on top impressed me so much i contacted Matt Rebholz and he's agreed to be in the next ish of 22VEINS. We hit up a couple other places and went to the hotel for some much needed rest.

The hotel had a good gym so we went to wal-mart and bought the cheapest shoes i could find. I call them phucks. Super comfortable for the workout but as soon as i got back to the room the room my feet started burning like crazy. They turned red and felt like they had been in the flames of hell. Phucking fake chucks!

So to lighten the mood i challenged my girlfriend to a feat of strength. I have never been dragged across the floor by a topless beauty before! Way to go babe!
The morning of the show Jess opened the curtains to our dark room and I swear to god it was if a star exploded inside my brain! White lasers shook through my optic nerves! I yelled out as I went blind and grabbed at my face to make sure it was still there.
"oh sorry, let me close that."
Well this pic is from after i set up, tore down, and set up somewhere else. The dude in the stripe shirt is James. good guy/his gig.
Coffee with a water chaser. It was a looong day.
This carped reminded me of a cosmic kirby drawing.
On the way home we stopped at a bead shop and i found this rad blade.

No comments:

Post a Comment