Friday, May 27, 2016

June 2012 - A bitter taste of podcasting


P.U. what a stinker! Some would call what happened a learning experience, but this left such a bad taste in my mouth that I didn't try again until three years later! Now that I'm almost 70 shows in, its exactly what I wanted it to be in the very beginning! Since this lost pilot, I continued on my merry way creating art and doing table shows. I got that down pretty well and made some good cash from it, but I put the breaks on all that as I got more into podcasting. I still love to draw but now I only do it for myself or the show.  It not only sucks time, but creative energy because as always, do the best I can possibly do with the resources I have.
DIY or DIE!

As some of you might have heard, I am taking underway a new project. The Revenge of the World podcast should be up and running very soon. Producer Brennan Burch and I will be doing some audio testing tomorrow. I am however missing some key components for recording guests. I’ve footed the bill on this all by myself so far but alas I am only a humble artist. So for the very first time in my life I am passing the digital hat around. If you are a fan of my art, personality, or Houston culture I assure you that I will produce a podcast that will meet some level of learning, goofing, and possible on-air debauchery that will be entertaining to at least some if not all of you. My goal for the next two weeks is $400. A meager sum for some, even for me had I not exhausted my funds already. This money will be going toward a new machine and finishing up mic set-ups. Oh also, Rene Cruz will be my co-host on the show! We’ve been friends for over a decade and have a great chemistry when it comes to the funny. So get excited, I am! Please send donations to my paypal at: revengeoftheworld@hotmail.comAlso leave your mailing address so i can send you a limited print as a thank you.

8/18 Return To Wasteland (solo show)Tapia House 313 Center St Pasadena,TX 77506

10/6 (3-8PM) Houston Zinefest (Not-to-miss!) Super Happy Funland3801 Polk Street Houston,TX 77003


No comments:

Post a Comment